The most awaited event for homeschoolers is happening this Saturday!
I’m talking about none other than the annual Philippine Homeschool Convention happening this Saturday September 22, 2018 at the SMX Convention Center SM Aura Taguig.
If you are still undecided on whether you will attend this once in a year event, then let me help you decide.
Here are 7 reasons why you shouldn’t miss this year’s homeschool convention.
1. International speakers, veteran homeschooling moms and homeschooling dads!
You get to learn from the experts in the homeschooling industry in the country.
A few of the main plenary hall Topics Include the following:
- Homeschooling Works by Camille Paguio
- Homeschooling Special Needs Kids: A Life-Changing Vocation by Jen Wi- Bellosillio
- Homeschooling Through the Mountains and Valleys of Life by Michelle Lim-Padrelanan
- Homeschooling with A Vision by Jason Lo
Not only do we have veteran Filipino homeschoolers as part of the speakers, but we also have two international guests, Cassandra Shepherd, and Dr.Teresa Moon, who will share their knowledge and best practices when it comes to homeschooling.
Plus we get two Dad speakers this year!!
2. Awesome Breakout Sessions!
The topics for the breakout sessions are really interesting and you get to choose which ones you like to attend. Topic ranges from beginning homeschooling up to life after homeschooling (for those with kids who are done with homeschool)
Here are the topics of the breakout sessions:
- A Look at Homeschooling Methodologies and Styles by Cassandra Shepherd
- Homeschooling: What lights My Fire by Dr.Donna Pangilinan-Simpao
- Teaching the Most Feared Activity: Public Speaking by Dr.Teresa Moon
- Taking the Plunge: Transitioning to Homeschooling by Frannie Daez
- How To Inject Truth, Goodness, and Beauty Into Your Homeschool by Gina Guerrero-Roldan
- Different Routes of Homeschooling by Laksmi Maluya
- Finding Your Village: Starting and Sustaining A Homeschool Support Group by Moira Bunyi
- Homeschooling 101: Beginning Homeschooling by Nove Ann- Tan
3. Meet and greet with homeschooling families. If you ever wondered how homeschooled kids are then this the perfect opportunity to meet them! The convention is filled with homeschooling families with kids of varying ages and you get to see first hand how they act, how they talk and see for yourself how confident and amazing these kids are!
4. Meet homeschool bloggers! If you’ve been a reader of one of the homeschool blogs in the country, then chances are you will see them at this year’s conference so don’t be shy and approach them!
5. Curriculum Heaven! You get to view various exhibitors and find wonderful curriculum and resource materials that can help in your homeschool journey.
6. One-stop-shop of the top homeschool providers in the country. You get to talk and ask all your questions to the top homeschool providers in the country! It’s the only event where you get to have a one-stop-shop for all the homeschool providers which will make your research process a whole lot easier!
7. Homeschooled Kids Speak! For the first time, we will have 2 homeschooled kids as part of the speakers – this is one I’m especially looking forward to! It’s time we get to listen to what the homeschooled kids have to say 🙂
So what do you think? A lot of opportunities to learn and connect all packed in a one-day event, right? Who would ever miss this opportunity? I hope it’s not you 🙂
I’m excited to see you at the convention, and please say Hi to me as I love to meet readers of my blog!
I’ll see you this Saturday, September 22nd.
For registration details, you can go HERE.